Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, October 23, 2009

In Need of Life Time Changes

The boy's and I have found it fun to attend the BHS Football games this season. We usually only catch the ones that are played at home, but they are really fun to watch. Last month when BHS was playing Tooele, Ben, Mike, and I went to the game.

As we were walking in I tried to get Ben to hold my hand, but he wouldn't. I guess my baby is growing up. There were so many people, especially students, crowding into the stands. I found my way through the crowd knowing that my boys were following me. Much to my surprise when we got to our destination Ben was missing. Mike left to look for him while I stayed seated hoping he would walk past and find me. I wasn't really worried because I thought he had only been missing for a couple of minutes.

After a short time, Ben walked by with a worried face with a female adult. He told her that I was his mom. I asked Ben what had happened and he told me he got lost in the crowd. With pure innocence and crocodile tears, he told me that he looked all over for a mom with a fat butt, but couldn't find me. He finally found one, (a mom with a fat butt) and looked up and it was a mom with blond hair not brown. He was so sad and worried. He then asked a mom to help him find me, who asked the principal to help him find me, who asked a teacher to help him find me. Poor Ben!

Moral of the story: Mom with the fat butt, wishes she was mom with a skinny butt. Time to make some life-time changes.

5 comments:

I am Laura said...

Oh, that is the funniest story ever. Ben cracks me up. Glad he found a mom with a big butt to help find you. For the record, I don't think you have a fat butt at all.

MOM THE BOMB said...

We (me, Brianna and Ryan) just laughed so hard we cried. I SO can picture the entire scenario!

Michelle L said...

Seriously, at Ben's age and at Ben's eye level, everyone has a big butt.....or least that is my excuse for not doing anything about mine. Was it me he was following? Oh, I too would like to go on the record that you do not have a fat butt!

Anonymous said...

I agree you do not have a "fat butt". If we could all look like you Cindy then this world would be a happier place. You're gorgeous! I am sure he was meaning "phat". Right?

Emily Hamilton said...

I'm laughing so hard! I do agree with everyone else though, that you don't have a fat butt. Ben cracks me up.