Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Closet

It's been over one year, and my closet is still full. Half of it remains the same, nothing added, nothing removed. It gives me the feeling that life has not changed.....that life is the same. Somehow, my thoughts wander to my husband walking through the door any minute with a funny comment, making us all laugh. I find myself inadvertently calling his phone, just to hear his voice. I dream of him visiting. I'm sure it's my subconscious desires working in overdrive. I miss him!

Many of "the firsts" are over. The first child getting married, holidays, anniversaries, birthdays, the first day of school. I am sure there are many more to come. I know he is near.....still being a husband, a father, and a friend. Just at a distance.

Wouldn't it be nice, if difficult things weren't permanent here on earth. Some day I'll sort through the closet....but for now, I like it just the way it is.

2 comments:

Foster Mom said...

That's just how it should be. I say leave what you can the same. Love you guys.

Britney said...

I'm so sorry Cindy. I would keep it that way too.

During this past week, we again have had many tender mercies. And one was from Elder Ballard, who met with my family. He told us all that Rick is near and that he will be helping (but will also be busy doing work on the other side).

Steve is near, helping, teaching, hearing, and laughing with you.