Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Young Women Basketball

Preparing for her basketball debut. Dance pose or basketball pose?Tonight was Lizzy's first Young Women basketball game. Lizzy is a dynamite dancer, and a tremendous tumbler, but has never taken an interest in sports such as basketball. I was quite surprised when she wanted to play basketball with the Young Women.

I had no idea how fun it would be. Girl's ward ball is so much different than boys. There were no angry words; nothing but smiles, giggles, and blushes when they would get a foul called on them. There wasn't even any hair pulling. What no hair pulling? I thought all girl's basketball games had a little of that:). They even had refreshments at the end of their rigorous game.

I'm not sure that any of the girls will get drafted in the WNBA, but they definitely know how to have a good time.

3 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

I LOVE this picture of Lizzy, she is too cute!

linda said...

I think the YW games are a riot. One of my favorite parts is when they say "Sorry" when they foul someone!

Anonymous said...

Lizzy is a GREAT player! Make sure she comes to all the rest of the games... Hair pulling is taught to go un-noticed. j/k