Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The White Suburban

Tonight was Ben’s third Jr. Jazz Basketball game. We left the game with a mighty win to a comparable team. His team’s record is now 2 losses and 1 win.

Ben’s personal adviser, Mike, comes to all of his games to give encouragement, and assess Ben’s skills for the game. Most of the time, it is greatly appreciated, some of the time it is contentious. Ben is lucky to have such a great mentor.

Mike left the game a few minutes early to retrieve the car. It is freezing cold outside, so I didn’t bring up the fact that he doesn't have his license yet.

Ben and I must have been overly excited with our victory tonight. As we were walking out of the game, conversing with one another, we noticed a white suburban parked close to the door. I was thrilled Mike had found a parking spot so close to the building. Ben and I both opened the car door at the same time, (me the front, and him the back) only to find someone we didn’t recognize sitting in the driver’s seat.

The man was about my age. His eyes widened, his eyebrows lifted, and in a very spirited tone he said, “Well, come on in.” I was so stunned, and was laughing so hard, that I didn’t even have a good come-back.

Ben and I then went in search of OUR white suburban. When we thought we found our car, I wouldn’t get in. Mike had put his baseball cap on backwards and I wasn’t sure it was our car. Finally, with a little encouragement, we got in and drove off.

I think there are TOO many white suburban’s in our little community.

5 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

haha! Best "pick-up" line ever!

Becky said...

bahahahahaha

Foster Mom said...

k, that's so funny!

Bexie Funk said...

i'm sure i'll do that at some point they're. i see my exact van driving around town all the time!

Graytoppop said...

I think MTB has done that on a couple of occasions. It runs in the family....