Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Joy Riding



Bella doesn’t get to go on many excursions. Her life is quite boring; she is usually in the house, laying in her favorite spots, or running wildly around the backyard. In the backyard she can chat (dog talk that is) with her friends Lucy and Sam across the fence, or chase peanut our undomesticated pet squirrel. On occasion she will escape out the front door, run to her furry friends house (Lucy and Sam), and relish in a fun play date. When the weather is pleasant, she may enjoy a scenic walk with me or the kids.

Bella has learned the word “ride”. Whenever I taxi the kids to and from activities, Bella wants to come. I usually let her come with me every now and again, for some doggie enjoyment, and diversion from her mundane day. Bella insists on sitting on my lap and watching out the window. If you ever notice the driver’s window you will see it blotted with little paw and nose prints from her.

I have begun to wonder if I am becoming like my Grandma. Grandma Wagstaff had a small fluffy white poodle. She loved her little dog. It provided her with companionship, love, and entertainment. Each day Grandma would take her little dog on a ride. They would usually end there joyride with a visit to the drive through window at McDonalds to purchase a hamburger for her little furry friend. We used to laugh and think how spoiled her dog was.

I have not yet begun taking my dog to fast food establishments, but I’m wondering if I’m following in Grandma’s footsteps just a tad.

0 comments: