Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Six Months

Today is a sad day. My heart breaks as I watch my children try to find peace with such unpleasantness. So much has happened in these past six months. I look back and can't believe what our family has been through. I thought that if you experienced the most tragic event in your life, the loss of a loved one, that you would get a rest from other trials. I guess one thing I have learned is that we are not completely in charge of our destiny. Things happen that we have no control over. We have to believe and trust in a bigger plan.

In the book The Gateway We call Death, it states, "The separation imposed by the departure of a loved one evokes pangs of sorrow and shock among those we left behind. The hurt is real. Only its intensity varies. Even though we understand the doctrine - even though we dearly love God and his eternal plan - mourning remains. Mourning is one of the purest expressions of deep love.

I guess when you love someone a lot, mourning is more intense. We love and miss Steve dearly, and think about him every day.

1 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

My heart breaks with you for all that your family has been through.