Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Meagan's Engaged!





Here's the best picture we could get of the ring. I know it's not on my finger, but pictures really don't do it justice anyway, you have to see it in person!

Hey everybody it's Meagan and yes, I got engaged tonight! Quinn finally popped the question after weeks of convincing people that we weren't even close to getting engaged. We had a temple date set already for May 16th in the Salt Lake Temple, and decided that even though we weren't officially engaged that we needed to start looking at reception places since Valentines Day was right around the corner and May is such a popular month to get married. So, today I came up from Provo so Quinn, my mom, and I could go look at a bunch of reception places. I decided I'd just stay up in Bountiful for the night and so Quinn and I hung out all day. I knew he had the ring because we had picked it out the Thursday before and the salesman informed us that it would be ready no later than Tuesday, but I had no idea when he was actually going to propose.

We were at my house watching American Idol and the Office when we received a phone call from Quinn's little brother Austin around 9:30 asking us if we wanted to go hot tubing at Quinn's other brother Curtis's clubhouse, a place we very frequently visit. I of coarse agreed because I'm always up for hot tubing, especially on a cold night. I quickly gathered up all my stuff and we headed down there.

Well, we get there and his brother Curtis came out to open the door for us because they keep it locked and informed us that everyone was upstairs watching TV. Quinn and I headed upstairs to see what everyone was up to and as soon as I rounded the corner and was shocked at what I saw. I walked into a candlelit room with rose petals covering the ground and a cute table in the middle with decorations, sparkling cider, and a sign that said "12 Reasons Why I love Meagan". I looked down and a dozen roses were laying on the floor and each of them had a reason he loves me written on it. I immediately began reading the notes on each of the roses 1 through 11 and when I got to number 12 I saw that it was blank. I turned around and Quinn was on one knee and he asked me to marry him. I of coarse said yes and he proceeded to slip the most gorgeous ring ever on my finger. We then just sat in the room and drank cider and talked for a bit, it was perfect and so cute!

I am so excited to be marrying such an amazing man! He has been there for me through so much and treats me like a princess. I couldn't see myself with anyone else and I am so excited to be able to spend forever with him!

12 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats Meagan! That is so exciting! You guys are such a cute couple, and what a fun proposal! We're really excited for you! xoxo Julie

MOM THE BOMB said...

Congratulations, Meagan! I'm thrilled for you. I was hoping that you would marry Quinn. You two make a great couple!

Lindsey said...

That is so cute! Congratulations!

tiffanie said...

Congrats!!!! that is such a cute way to propose, very thoughtful!!

Jodi said...

I love it Meg! I am so happy for you! I love the sweet proposal! I LOVE the ring! It is beautiful! I can't wait to see it on your finger. Now the countdown until May 16th! I can't wait. You know I'll help however I can.

bethy said...

Congratulations, Quinn! What a beautiful ring. Best wishes, Meagan!

Bexie Funk said...

Congratulations! That ring is beautiful! I'm so happy for you! have a great time planning, its fun!

Ashley Erin said...

Congrats! I like that kid; you picked well.

Emily Hamilton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily Hamilton said...

CONGRATS MEAGAN and QUINN! We are really happy for you! What a sweet way to propose. You two are such a great couple!

P.S. Your ring is gorgeous!!!

AshtonFamilyHappenings said...

Congrats Meagan!! I think you and Quinn are a great couple. Also, I love the ring. It is amazing -- just like you.

Bebop said...

Congratulations Meagan! You look great together.