Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, February 6, 2009

A Great Reunion

I just learned of Bishop Pilkington's passing this morning. It brought about a lot of unsettled emotions for me. Steve served in the Mueller Park 5th Ward bishopbric with Bishop Pilkington. He talked about him often. He admired his kindness, loving nature, tenderness, his strong testimony of the gospel, his example, and love of the gospel. I remember when Steve became bishop after him, how he was grateful for what he had learned from Bishop Pilkington. He taught him how to be a good bishop. Steve always spent extra time as a counselor with him, learning as much as he could from such a great man.

I am wondering today about the reunion in heaven. I am sure it is a glorious one. I am beginging to wonder why two men that served as bishops one right after the other have been taken from this earth. I believe that there is a great work that is needed in heaven. Heavenly Father must need some of his strongest servants to fulfil his devine work.

My heart breaks for his dear wife. I know our feelings and pain during this time are unique and individual, but I feel for the great loss she is experiencing. It is so difficult to loose your companion, your children's father, and an extraordinary man. My love goes out to her and her family.

1 comments:

Jodi said...

I loved your blog entry. It helped me picture what might be happening when my sweet aunt arrived in Heaven. She passed away this weekend. Your beautiful words are so comforting. Your testimony never ceases to amaze me! I love you!