Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Double Farewell - June 30, 2013

The date for the farewell address's for both Mike and Kate were planned right after they opened they mission calls.  I couldn't have been happier when I found out their farewells would be together.  Many months ago, (before Kate was even for sure going on a mission) I told a good friend, "Wouldn't it be wonderful if these two could have a double farewell."  Dream come true!

There was lots of planning and preparing for this day.  I LOVE parties!  Food was made and ordered; flags of their missions delivered; missionary pictures taken; and yard and house prepared.  I was so touched by the many people, who came to help, decorate,  brought food, flowers that were offered from a wedding the previous night, and lovely farewells signs that were made.  I am truly blessed to live with and around such amazing people.

Kate and Mike couldn't have done a better job on their talks.  They warmed my heart as I listened to them share their personal stories, and testify of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I am sure Steve was there, proudly shining down on them. They are going to be amazing missionaries!  I am so happy for them! I adore my children!

Many friends and family came to support them on this wonderful day.  To them, we are forever grateful. We love you!

Signs from Tueller's Press
Setting up.
Photos by Jodi Fulks, and cookies by The Sugar Cookie Lady.
My three missionaries.
Dessert table.
Friends and family.

1 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

Man, we missed a fun party, wish we could have been there. They will be such awesome missionaries! Can't wait to read the stories of their missions on their blogs. You're such a great mom.