Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lost

Remember Ben's friend Corbin?  Friday, Ben was invited to Corbin's to play.  Ridge (another friend of Ben's), and Ben were meeting at Corbins'. I haven't ran into Corbin's Dad since 'the incident'.  I was hoping to miss him when I dropped Ben off.  I'm still healing a little.

When I arrived home, Kate watched Mason while I got on the treadmill and showered for the day. Mason is getting some more teeth and was a little needy.  I was attending to his needs, when I saw Ben poke his head in.  "I thought you were at Corbin's," I questioned.  "Well, Corbin's mom brought us all up here," he responded.  I got distracted with other things, and soon lost track of Ben and friends.

After awhile, I couldn't find them. "Where is Ben and his friends," I asked Katelyn and Lizzy.  "We don't know, we haven't seen them," they responded.  I started searching everywhere.  No Ben and friends.  "Maybe they went to the golf club house for a snack," Kate mentioned. Off to the golf course I went.  No Ben and friends.  "Maybe they are at the baseball fields," Lizzy suggested.  Nope.....

After one hour and a half of frantically looking for them Kate called to inform me that Ben's friend's parents are now at our house to pick up their boys.  "Don't worry, I told them they were on a walk. You better hurry and find them," she stated.  How in the world am I going to admit to the parents' that I have lost their boys'.  Especially, Corbin's Dad who already has to wonder about me.

Soon after Ben called from some one's cell phone.  "I heard you were looking for me," he stated matter-of-factly.  Needless to say, I was NOT happy with Ben, and he was grounded for the night.  I picked him up at the ballpark.  Somehow Lizzy and I didn't see them our first drive through.

You know my rule, "Kids can't have cell phones until Junior High?"  Well I might be breaking that rule!

0 comments: