Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, June 20, 2013

School's Out for Summer

I keep singing the words to Alice Cooper's song, School's Out For Summer.  Those are the only lyrics of the song I know, but I couldn't be happier that this school year is over.  Ben's fourth grade year at Valley View Elementary School has definitely been my least favorite year for him. The lyrics of the chorus to Taylor Swift's song, I Knew You Were Trouble,  sum up his year.  The words to the chorus are:  Oh, Oh, trouble, trouble...... In defense of Ben, the rules at Valley View Elementary are a little over-the-top.  If you have a child there, you know what I mean.  He is a good kid, full of energy and life.  He is no trouble to me, just delightful.

On the positive side, Ben is a very intelligent kid.  His report card, and end of leveling testing reflect his smartness.  Ben proudly showed me some of his work from this semester.  Among other things, I was so impressed with his writing abilities.  These are a few of my favorites.



Yay, for summer!  It couldn't come fast enough for me!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow! That is very impressive writing!! He must take after his mom.;) I think he deserves an A+++

MOM THE BOMB said...

Excellent writing skills! Bravo!

Bexie Funk said...

i love the metamorphic rock one. it's funny.