Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, May 27, 2013

Swigs, and Cops

Swig cookies, with 'dirty' fountain drinks are the new rage.  Dirty means adding coconut syrup.  A small snack shop named Swig offers these delicious drinks. They are also known for their fabulous cookies.  The 'Swig' sugar cookie is among the favorites.

Pinterest has had an abundance of recipes mimicking the 'Swig sugar cookie'.  We have made these delicious cookies twice - once with the original sour cream frosting, and once with cream cheese frosting.  Half the kids life the original frosting the best, and half the other. I like them without frosting.  I'm not much of a frosting fan.

Sunday after dinner, we made Swig sugar cookies.  We realized after making them that we didn't have any diet coke.  You have to have a 'Swig' cookie with a 'Swig' drink.  After reading our instagram, Molly and family came to the rescue.  They dropped off a case of diet coke, with a bottle of coconut syrup.  How nice is that!  We shared our cookies with them, and all had a great time!  Thanks Larsen Family!

Later that night Lizzy and I drove to Centerville to take my sister a be-lated birthday gift.  As we were turning from 5th South onto Orchard Drive, I saw some flashing lights in my rear-view mirror.  Dang!  I always seem to get pulled over, but this time I wasn't speeding.

I had the dog on my lap, and a smile on my face, hoping we could leave ticket free.  The women police officer stated, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" "No, I do not, I wasn't speeding," I honestly replied.  I was as kind as possible to her since, I REALLY didn't want a ticket.  "I'll need your license and registration," she demanded.   "I pulled you over because one headlight and one brake light is out," she pointed out.  "Why, thank you officer, I had no idea," I continued to brown nose.

She returned to her vehicle to check things out, while I prepped Bella for the finale.  Bella sat on my lap with her best look, when the police officer returned.  "My, what a cute dog you have," she stated.  Yes, my plan was working.  "I could have given you a citation, but since you were unaware of the situation I'll let you go with a warning," she said.  "Where are you going? she questioned.  I wanted to say, none ya business, but decided to be polite.  "To my sister's to give her a birthday present," I stated.  "Ok, well drive safe," she ended.  Phew!  No ticket!

On the way home from our delivery, I was driving up Mill Street when I saw flashing lights behind me.  I couldn't believe I was being pulled over again!  Lizzy and I burst out laughing because we knew why this time.  When the officer came to my window we were still laughing.  He got a big grin as I said, "We just barely got pulled over by a female officer, so I can guess why you pulled us over."  He made me describe her and promise to get the problem fixed as soon as possible and let us go.

Watch out......the cops are out this Memorial Day Weekend! Good thing I didn't have my coconut syrup in the car with me or things may not have gone as smoothly;).


Making our 'Swig' drinks.
'Swig' sugar cookies.
Lizzy's photography when we got pulled over.

2 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

I"m writing down your tips for getting out of tickets now!

linda said...

I can't believe how often you get pulled over!! Glad you didn't get a ticket...
I was just in St. George this weekend and I didn't get to try Swig-maybe next time!!