Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, May 24, 2013

Home Run

There are many times in a single parent's life when you have to miss a game, concert, or dance recital due to conflicting events. Tonight was one of those nights. I was at Bountiful High watching Mike's "secret talent", while Ben was playing baseball.

All of my children were dispersed either watching Mike, or other wise occupied. I didn't have enough tickets for Lizzy to attend the performance at Bountiful High, so she and a couple friends went to support Ben.

I text Lizzy frequently throughout the concert asking for a baseball up-date. Her responses were, "He caught the ball", and "he can't pitch." What? "He caught the ball" meant, he caught the ball and made a double play. "He can't pitch" meant, that he had already pitched too many innings this week and was not allowed to pitch. She is NOT the person to have in charge of disseminating sports up-dates.

I left as soon as possible from the concert since I thought "he can't pitch", meant that he wasn't pitching well. When I arrived at the ball park I was met with a very happy boy. Ben had hit an over-the-fence, home run! His home run brought in 2 players and himself.  Not quite a grand slam. He had the ball in hand, grinning from ear to ear. I was so excited for him! Way to go Ben!

Ben and his fan club:  Liz, Baylee, and Aly
Sibling love.
Home run!

1 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Way to go, Ben! So sad that you missed it! He's quite the athlete!