Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

Believe it or not, I failed to take any pictures on Mother's Day.  So, you'll have to imagine in your mind as I describe a wonderful Mother's Day.

I was awaken in the morning by breakfast in bed, from Ben.  He not only served me breakfast, but made it himself.  It was a wonderful breakfast consisting of, Captain Crunch cereal, and a piece of toast with a heart in the middle that he had cut with a cookie cutter.  How adorable is that?

The kids all came over and made a fabulous meal of pomegranate chicken, with Parmesan potatoes, and grilled vegetables. They topped it off with a wonderful chocolate bundt cake with vanilla ice-cream. We laugh every time we make a bunt, and put flowers in the middle where the hole is.  If you haven't seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding you might no understand our humor.

The kids spoiled me with wonderful gifts, and touching notes. Ben's note made my heart melt:


I have the most wonderful children in the entire world!  I am so happy that I am a mother, there is nothing in the world I'd rather be!

1 comments:

Bexie Funk said...

that is the sweetest note ever!