Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Park City 2012

On Father’s Day weekend I took my family out of town. We didn’t go far, because baseball, camps, and work keep my children busy. The Park City Mountainside Marriott, has been our place of refuge for the past few years. It is relaxing, beautiful, and carefree. Just a weekend to forget about what others are celebrating.

Celebrating Father’s Day at church is difficult for others if we are there. They worry about offending us, and it isn't our favorite day to celebrate. Those cute little Primary children should be able to sing those sweet Father’s Day songs loud, and clear til their hearts content. They should also be able to write their Father’s precious cards on their special day, and make beautiful ties, or other gifts for them.

When they started practicing the Father’s Day songs in primary, Ben said, “Mom do I have to sing those songs on Father’s Day.” I explained to him that I would never make him do that, but it was important for other children to be able to sing to their Fathers. I told him not to worry, that we would always be ‘out of town’ on Father’s Day.

We had a fabulous time in Park City! Mike went on a 35 mile bike ride (by himself without my approval, before I arrived); we swam, hot tubbed; went on the Alpine Slide; made smores; ate at great restaurants; shopped; and enjoyed one another’s company. Since, it was a quick trip, Kate wasn’t able to come. She had to work....Boo! We missed her! She keeps us laughing.

Warming up by the fire, and making a tasty treat.
Nothing like swimming and hot tubbing in the crisp mountain air.  (My children may have some vampire blood in them....those eyes.)
Mike and Ben didn't go down together, it just looks like it because Ben was a little slow.

Some of us don't like to shop as much as others.

0 comments: