Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, June 8, 2012

Camp Escapee

This week Bountiful High School hosted a basketball ball camp in which Ben was able to attend. Mike, has been taking him to camp every morning, since all the basketball players assist with it. Ben has LOVED camp!  Every day he would come home with stories about how fun and wonderful the camp was. That was until today.

I was laying in my room (my roommate keeps me up very late, thanks Kate), when all of a sudden I looked up and saw Ben.  “I thought you were at basketball camp,” I sleepily stated.  “I hate that camp, it’s so stupid,” he barked. Not wanting to get into the details of what happened in his current mood, I moved on to the more important question. “How did you get home,” I inquired.  “I walked,” he exclaimed.
Oh my, a camp escapee is on the loose.  I wondered if anyone knew he left, or if he created a disturbance.  I could tell by the mad look on his face that he wasn’t going to get a sportsmanship award.
Fortunately, Mike noticed, that Ben was missing and went looking for him in the truck.  Ben got half way home before he picked him up.

I took him back to camp once he calmed down.  He was happy to get a shirt, and an award for the best
dribbler.

0 comments: