Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, October 2, 2011

No Retaliation

It takes a lot of courage for a teenage boy not to retaliate when a nice vehicle that you have been driving has been defiled. I was really proud of Mike for withstanding the temptation to even the score.

Last night, his friends gathered on the front lawn discussing what they were going to do. Each time I would drive in and out of the driveway taking kids here and there, I would roll down my window, smile, and say, "take the high road Mike".

At curfew, when he checked in with me, I asked if he taken revenge. He smiled and informed me that he had not. What a good kid!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I think I might never be able to have a boy because he will never be able to live up to how awesome Mike is!! Seriously! I love that kid!

Emily Hamilton said...

He is such a good guy! I love the red car. :) He looks so happy to have his license.