Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Airplanes, and Sticky Eyeballs

Lately, Ben has been fascinated with paper airplanes. He meticulously constructs his dart designed paper airplane to fly high and far. Ben and his friends have been flying their nicely crafted paper airplanes over the 2nd floor balcony into my family room and foyer. Innocent enough, right? Wrong! These airplanes have been making crash landings into my lovely chandelier. The chandelier is located in the entrance of my home where there are high ceilings. I don’t own a ladder tall enough to reach the aircraft. So……we have paper airplanes in my chandelier.


Halloween gooey eyeballs are also a pet peeve of mine. It was a bad idea for me to bring them as prizes to Grandma’s Halloween party. Now I have 10 sticky, gooey, eyeballs, stuck to the ceiling in the entrance of my home. Did I mention my high ceilings? Yep, they aren’t coming down any time soon. Not very funny!
However, there was a gooey eyeball stuck strategically to the ceiling in my room, just waiting for the perfect time to make me laugh. One night as I climbed into my comfy bed, laid my head on my soft pillow, I opened my eyes and to my surprise an eyeball was staring back at me. Since it is a reachable eyeball, it’s funny, non reachable eyeballs, not so funny.

I sometimes wonder where my children get all these crazy ideas, and then I remember some of Steve’s famous practical jokes. Back when we had infants, he took a poopy diaper, placed it in a plastic bag, and placed it under my pillow. What a lovely surprise I had when I nestled into my nice comfy bed.

I must say, if I had to choose I'd rather have a sticky eyeball staring at me then a poopy diaper under my cushy pillow. I guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.

1 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Ha ha! It's Ben's way of decorating for Halloween. And wasn't it Steve that smeared peanut butter in a diaper and tricked you into believing he was eating poop?