Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Ben is turning 8

Today Ben had a birthday party to celebrate his up-coming birthday on Monday. We went to the Sky Box at the Gateway. I LOVED this party! The kids had fun, eating pizza, playing in the arcade, and eating cake. They all got along so well. They were very kind and inclusive. I always appreciate that. I loved watching these 8 little boys play together.

We had a party room with a plasma TV to watch sports on while they dined on fine cheese and pepperoni pizza. After they had their fill of pizza, they were each given a bag of tokens to use at their discretion in the arcade room. They were so kind to each other, sharing tokens and tickets (prize tickets). I was somewhat amazed that their favorite part of the arcade was......THE PRIZE TICKETS. Who would have thought that those silly penny prizes would become so valuable. I couldn't stop laughing to myself about the complete obsession with the tickets.

Alex, Josh, Shad, Mitch, Ben, Jon-o, Dallas, and Luke.
The ticket obsession! Love the stashes (silly prizes). I had to laugh at the top left picture of Ben and Dallas playing a game that was out of order. I don't think they even noticed that it was out of order.
Thanks to Kate, Lizzy, and Mike for helping with a fun party!

4 comments:

Sue Peay said...

I absolutely love your blog. You have a beautiful family. Tell Ben Happy Birthday! We are thinking of you and your family. We miss Steve. Take good care of you!

Sue Peay and family

MOM THE BOMB said...

Happy Birthday Ben! Thinking of you always makes me smile!

Emily Hamilton said...

Happy Birthday Ben! Looks like a fun party. You guys must have really done well on the arcade games to earn that many tickets. I bet you got some sweet prizes. :)

linda said...

Happy Birthday to Ben! What a fun place for a bunch of boys to hang out. I remember the days of hosting birthday parties for little boys...fun times!