Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Ben has been SO excited about football. He will be 8 at the end of this month, so he barely makes the cut off to play football this year. He has been looking forward to this for years. He LOVES football, and will play anywhere, any time.

A new football was on his list of necessities to have prior to beginning football. At night when I would go to his room to check on him, I would see arm wrapped fondly around his new football that was sleeping with him. It made me smile.

The 8-9 year old's have been conditioning for football Monday through Thursday 6-8. I thought Ben would come home complaining and tired. Instead, he is excited and full of energy. He can't wait for the next day. Tonight was the first night they got to "dress" for football. What a happy boy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Jeff and I were down working together and I HAD to show him your blog. This picture says it all. I can still remember when Ben was little, I came to see a baseball game that Jeff was helping coach one night and Ben walked right over to my drink, picked it up and took the biggest sip ever. It was hilarious. We love you and your family very much! Have fun with this last week of summer!

(not sure why my post was deleted but here it is again)

MOM THE BOMB said...

He is So cute!

Emily Hamilton said...

Such a cute picture of Ben! He is ready to play. Lookin' good! Have fun Ben!

A Forever Family said...

I am sorry of imposing on your blog. I was googling chipmunks and your picture that you took back on your July blog entry came up. I noctice how nice and modest everyone looked in your header picture and thought, they must be LDS. Then I scrolled down and saw the Salt Lake Temple. We have that in common. I also noticed that we share another thing in common, not the happiest thing to bring up but we both have lost a loved one on Aug 25th. This will be my son's 1st angel date next week. I am an emtional wreck and thought that I would say that I am praying for you and your family too at this very difficult time. Please feel free to come and visit my son's blog at calebmathison.blogspot.com
=)Love a Sister in Zion, Tanya