Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My kids (or at least some of them) have been hounding me for another dog (no pun intended). I explained to said kids several times, that the only reason we got our dog in the first place is on a pet replacement plan. My words haven't quite penetrated their cute little brains. I have received copious notes from the kids stating the reasons we need another dog, along with the rules that would be followed by having another dog, and colorful print-outs of dogs for sale on ksl.com. I have stayed strong even with their comments such as , "Bella needs a friend," or, "The nice Neighbor G's and L's have two dogs."

I have to say, it tugged at my heart strings just a tad when I saw this:

Bella not only jumps up on top of the fence to watch her fun, furry, friends, Sam, and Lucy, but also jumps over the fence to join in the fun. Sam and Lucy are so lucky to have each other.

Poor Bella, left with Peanut, our official undomesticated pet, to pal around with.

So...which way would you vote for this cute little dog?Remember....my vote trumps all.

7 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

Haha...My bet is by Easter Bella will have a permanent friend in the house. But what type of dog?

Melinda May said...

I agree with the above comment....I think the Easter Bunny should drop off a friend. I have two and well...It's less running and work for me in the end. They keep each other entertained! Just like kids I guess...the more you have the less you have to entertain but the more money and mess! Good Luck....Pictures from KSL is hilarious!

Foster Mom said...

maybe get bella a bunny friend...it would be less work for you and still pretty fun for bella.

Cailey & Brady said...

haha my vote is no dog... your ohhh so sweet daughter sarah would then have two dogs she wants to kill. bad idea. lizzy and ben would then have to find two new dogs! haha

browniemom said...

Ok, it's a tie. Two yes votes, and two no votes. Hmmm......

Michelle L said...

Cindy don't kid me, you want another dog. Standing in the freezing cold at 4:30am waiting for the puppy to "do it's business" is something you desire in your non eventful, boring life.....right? (Hee Hee)

Suzie said...

I'm not really voting either way...we have one dog now (he's the best) and have had two dogs in the past. The two of them were fine and there were some "ups" but having only one is less clean up and hassle to me.

If you do go for another dog, my only recommendation would be to find a non-puppy who likes other dogs and is already potty-trained. Less work and no dealing with puppyhood. We got Miles when he was 4 months old and it was a BREEZE.

Good luck!