Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Eyes On Fire

Today I went to the eye doctor for a routine exam. All was well, except a little excess protein build up on my contact lenses. The doctor informed me I had dry eyes. If your eyes are not moist enough, proteins begin to build up on your lenses. They professionally cleaned my lenses, and packed me a bag of samples including lens cleaners, and lubricating eye drops. I left happily with a bag of expensive samples.

On the way home my eyes started to feel a little dry. I stopped at the first red light and dug into my delightful sample bag to find my lubricating eye drops. I quickly removed them from the box, when the light turned green. I hit every green light until I got to Bountiful. Finally, at the stop light at 2600 South and Highway 89 I was able to relieve my eyes with the soothing lubricating eye drops. I reached in my bag pulled out the drops and inserted a drop or two into the first eye. My, it stung! I quickly put one in the other eye so the pain would cease before the light changed. BIG mistake! My eyes were burning as if someone had poked them with a red-hot poker. Tears were streaming down my face and I could barely see to drive. I quickly picked up my drops to see what the problem was. I had put Extra Strength Cleaning Drops in my eyes.

I drove, as best as I could, the rest of the way home, rubbing my burning, blurry, tear filled eyes, hoping I'd make it home safely. When I got home I read the warning on the bottle, and the Caution: "Do not use directly in eye." I quickly began flushing my eyes with water to dilute the solution. The Opthamologist was a little stunned to find out about my little mishap.

I am beginning to understand why so many quirky things happen at my house....it might have something to do with who is in charge around here.

1 comments:

Suzie said...

All I can think to say is OUCH!!!! My eyes are watering just thinking about it. :(