Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, February 26, 2010

Germs

Last Weekend:
Lizzy had Strep Throat, and
I had that nasty, awful, flu,
that has been floating around our house.

When you are REALLY sick, NOTHING is funny or cute at the time.
However, after days of being germ-free, these are the funny or cute happenings
while we were sick:

* Ben came into my room Sunday morning and asked where the ward directory was. I pointed to the floor. He picked it up and went downstairs. I heard Katelyn tell him that he could not just call random people off the ward directory. Ben came upstairs with the directory in hand, to ask me if he could call Sister S to play the piano for me in church. A 7 year wanting to find me a sub, now how cute is that.

*Sarah at Kids Care with Lizzy getting strange looks and comments from the doctor as she impersonated me. Well, maybe she wasn't really impersonating, she just forgot to mention she was her sister not her mother. What is wrong with a 20 year old having an 11 year old daughter anyway?

*Katelyn coming in my room to decontaminate it, wearing latex gloves and spraying Lysol each step of the way. She removed all the liens and bedding from the chair I was using as my bed (closest to the bathroom), and washed them. She was completely unaware of the cordless phone tucked snuggley inside the liens that went for a nice little swim in the washer. Bye-bye cordless.

*Michael coming to dispose of the barf bucket with goggles, gloves, nose-plugs, and some sort of plastic wrap on.

I am hoping this week to become a germ-free house once and for all.

3 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

you have to admit - you have AWESOME kids. I can picture it SO well!

linda said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick. I think you have amazing kids because they just know what to do!!

Emily Hamilton said...

No fun. I love the stories of your kids helping out, they're so great! Hope you're feeling better.