Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, September 10, 2009

A Peachy Day

I think the movie Julie & Julia has inspired me to improve upon my cooking skills. I am an ok cook, but Julia Child was exceptional. She is someone to aspire to be like. Today I went with my friend Amy Jacobsen to Leslie Barton's to learn how to make fresh peach pie. Amy brought peaches from Brigham City, which I must say were delightful! Leslie Barton taught us how to make peach pie out of one of Julia's cookbooks. Her mother-in-law has adjusted the recipe to make it unique, and even more exquisite than Julia's. When you follow ever detail and trick, it is fabulous. Yum! I would say it is the best pie I have tasted, but Grandma Janet's pies are hard to contend with. All comparisons aside, this is a uniquely different pie with a custard filling. The light, delicate, flaky, pie crust, is engulfed with fresh, sweet, peaches, and are topped with a delightful custard, with whip cream being the final touch. Wowza! Next up.......eclairs!

3 comments:

Becky said...

I'm waiting for you to deliver a piece to me...

Lindsey said...

If you find an eclair recipe better than my mom's, let me know, because I don't believe one exists.

MOM THE BOMB said...

I need that recipe! (of peach pie, of course) Do you share?