Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, September 18, 2009

Adjusting

I have had a wide spectrum of emotions since Ben has entered first grade. I love spending time with Ben. He is so entertaining, and has such a quick wit for such a young age. I think I am selfishly not wanting to give him up full time to the world of learning. I am sure Ben is ready, it's just me that is having to adjust to life without Ben for a few extra hours during the day. The first day of school was hard enough, but with Ben going to school full time, I have to say I was a little weepy.

Although I miss having Ben around as much during the day, I have embraced my new found freedom. I like routines, and schedules, but I also like spontaneity and having less restraints. Quite a contradiction I know, but I guess I like balance. I have enjoyed the structure in attending the temple once a week, and volunteering in Lizzy and Ben's elementary classrooms. I have found pleasure in the spontaneity of lunch dates with friends, expanding my cooking skills, and being able to attend fun functions such as Swiss Days. Oh, yes, I think I am adjusting to first grade just fine.

2 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

We love Ben! Glad you're having fun doing some new things. You'll have to share some of your good new recipes. :)

I am Laura said...

I am glad you are adjusting. That would be hard for me. I hope you are all doing well.




Hey, could you link my family blog to yours instead of my crazy running blog that I never post to? I started that blog to try and motivate me to run... which isn't working. My family blog is benandlaura.blogspot.com Love looking at your blog. Keep posting.