Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving is a time for family. I was blessed to have all of my children, and most of Steve's family with me this year. Lizzy made the traditional turkey cookies, with the help of little brother decorating them. Homemade pies were abundant, and are a crowd favorite!  Yum!

I cooked two turkeys which took a little longer than I anticipated. Fortunately, I had made some hors d'oeuvres to lessen the hunger pains of those waiting. It actually turned out perfect, by the time everyone arrived, had some appetizers, the turkeys were ready.

When I took one of the turkeys out of the oven I turned it on it's back to get all the stuffing out of the turkey cavity.  When Jeff and Scott went to carve it, I heard whispers of the movie Christmas Vacation, and hand jesters showing a turkey exploding, as they poked at the backbone of turkey.  Not remembering I had turned the turkey on it's back, I panicked thinking I had ruined the turkey.  I was so happy as we turned it over and carved the delicious turkey for our Thanksgiving and didn't have a "Clark Griswald" moment.

The Brown's know how to party!  After we ate, a ping-pong tournament was organized, and everyone (except Grandma and Grandpa) participated.  We had a wonderful time spending the afternoon and into the evening with the Browns!

Brent and his kids came later for dessert.  Some of his kids took a couple of my kids Black Friday shopping.  After they shopped they came back to my house with some of their cousins for dessert and ping pong.  What a fun day!



0 comments: