Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Six years ago….

Six years ago today, August 25, on the first day of school, a Monday night, Steve suddenly, and unexpectedly passed away.  This is the first time since he passed that dates and events have lined up.  I had no idea how hard today was going to be.

Our hearts are completely broken as we mourn this incredible man.  He is/was the best husband, and Father.  My children, especially my missionaries, feel his presence often.  I love the picture of the missionaries walking with a heavenly angel, a loved one from the other side, beside them. I know he is there with them strengthening them during difficult times, and hopefully enjoying good times with them as well.

I am grateful for the kindness of those around us.  I never fully understood the scripture, Matthew 5:4, until recently, "Blessed are they that mourn for they shall be comforted." We feel comfort as friends and family express their condolences, and love and support us.

We are grateful for the great Plan of Salvation, whereby we can live together as an eternal family.

Thank you for your kindness.  We love our friends and family!





1 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Hugs to you! What a great man he was, and what a strong woman you are!