Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Bedazzled

Tis the season for warm festive sweaters, not the funny Christmas sweaters that are now the center of attention at some Christmas parties, but the attractive bedazzled ones. My new charcoal grey sweater is among my favorites.

Today I decided to wear my new sweater to a luncheon/cookie exchange/lady Christmas Party.  I donned my red skinny jeans (well as skinny as it gets for a not-so-skinny mom), with a white button down shirt, with my comfortable, sleek, sweater.  I was tending Mason, and he happened to have a melt down as I was getting ready.  I thought I had checked myself out in the mirror prior to leaving for my engagement, but evidently I wasn't very thorough.

The luncheon was fabulous!  A little daunting with a toddler that was due for a nap, but wonderful!  I tried to work it like the young moms who casually walked about with a baby on their hip.  After spilling salad dressing on my sweater, and somehow wiping chocolate on my face, I realized my time for having young children had long expired.

When I returned from the party, I happened to get a glance at myself in a mirror.  For some reason my white button down shirt looked a little awkward with my sweater.  The bedazzles seemed to be on top of my shoulders rather than along the neckline.  I quickly tugged on my shirt and sweater a little, made a small adjustment, and went about my day.

That night after a church meeting, we were all enjoying refreshments, while laughing and talking.  I started to chuckle, put my finger along the neckline of my sweater and felt the tag.  Instead of quietly keeping this information to myself, I burst out laughing relaying the ins-and-outs of my day to the crowd.  I couldn't believe I could go the entire day not noticing that the bedazzles on my sweater were in the back.

Some of the synonyms for the word bedazzled are:  blind, dazed, confused.  Very appropriate words to sum up my day. 



3 comments:

Ashley Erin said...

don't worry Cindy. The other day I walked 4 blocks with a tail of toilet paper hanging out of my pants. Don't use TP as a toilet seat cover. It can be sneaky when pulling your pants back up.

Bexie Funk said...

that sounds like something my mom would do!

Laura said...

ha ha ha. That is awesome