Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Window

Thursday night as I was washing dishes, I noticed a tear/cut in the screen on the window above the sink.  The screen was not like this the night before.  Memories of the kidnapping of Elizabeth Smart came rushing to my mind, as I knew that was one of the signs of the enter into their home leading to their dreadful nightmare.  My heart sunk a brief moment as I thought of an evil person trying to break in.  Before going to bed, I secured all the windows, locked all the doors, put the alarm on, and made sure my guard dog was stationed at the end of my bed.

The next night while talking to Lizzy, I mentioned that I needed to talk to her older siblings about the screen.  I didn't want to frighten her with my theory. She laughed as she admitted that when she was locked out the night before, she damaged the screen trying to break into the house.  Mystery solved, new garage door opener installed, and I'm almost done with the Elizabeth Smart book.  No more lock outs, and no more unsubstantiated escapes from reality!


0 comments: