Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Pumpkins and Pizza

Pumpkin shaped pizza, and skilled pumpkin carving, shared with some of our favorite friends, is an October highlight.  This has been a 5 year Halloween tradition with the Fulks'.  Sometimes I wonder if all these great festivities are appreciated or enjoyed. I know how much I love them. It warmed my heart to read Mike's e-mail this week where he said,  " Gosh, I'm so jealous that you all had the annual pumpkin carving night without me! Alright I think it's time to admit it... looking back now I totally regret not carving pumpkins every year... I was a little punk and thought I was too cool for that but I miss it now! So Mom, Jody, and everyone else I'm sorry! But I guess it's just my loss right?"

While each carved pumpkin is fabulous, one usually stands out for one reason or another.  This year, the one that was most striking to me was Elmo. It was most impressive because Elmo was carved by Jon, the artist, only by looking at a pattern on-line.  Wow, impressive!
  
Holidays are especially enjoyable when you have wonderful family and friends to celebrate with. We love the Fulks'!   

Carving Pumpkins
The finish products. Jodi, jack-o-latern; Sarah & Jordan, two ghosts; Meg and Mason, the bat; Liz, the ghost and tree; Maddi, the owl, Tyli the cat; Ben the headless horseman; and Jon, Elmo.
Illumination
Admiring their work.
The youngest.
All together.
Halloween pumpkins on a Halloween porch.

1 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

What a great tradition you have created!