Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, April 12, 2013

The Veil

Often when I am tending little Mason, I notice him staring in a corner with a big grin on his face, acting as if someone is standing there.  His face lights up as he gets excited about what he sees.  Sometimes, I get teary eyed, believing that the veil is thin, and that this cute little boy sees his grandpa.  Teary, because I wish Steve were here. Sometimes, Kate, believing the same thing as I do, will say, “Grandpa, are you there,” bringing a smile to my face.  I am sure that Mason and Steve got to spend some quality time together before Mason ventured off to this mortal life.

My two missionaries will be leaving in a couple months.  It is comforting for me to believe that their Father will be with them. I believe, that at times, they will feel his presence, and he will help them while they are serving the Lord.  There many earthly things Steve cannot do, but we are blessed to have an angel on the other side watching over us.  He will be able to help Kate and Mike on their missions in a way that I will not be able to.


Boyd K. Packer in his conference address in 1987, title, Covenants states, “I remind you that it is a veil, not a wall, that separates us from the spirit world... Veils can become thin, even parted...They who have preceded us in this work and our forebears there, on occasion, are very close to us... I am a witness that those who go beyond the veil yet live and minister here, to the end that this work might be completed.”



1 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

Another reason why Mason is such a happy, smiley baby. :) He is one cute kid. I agree that the veil is thin. Great quote from President Packer.