Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Confiscated

Week ends are highly anticipated by my children.  It is a time to relax, enjoy life, participate in sports, and of course P A R T Y!  Yes, every teenager loves to party!

We hosted a surprise party for Mike's friend Tucker at our house this past week end.  Mike and his friends did a great job preparing for the party.  Of course they were assisted by Kate, and Tucker's mom.  Tucker's mom made a fabulous home-made birthday banner, and brought a delightful cake.  Kate helped blow up balloons, and made some tasty punch.  Tucker was very surprised!  It was a fun time had by all.

Lizzy had planned on having a couple friends over the same night.  I assured her that the boys' would be downstairs, and she and her friends could have the main level.

Ben was headed for an air soft war with the neighborhood boys.  My instructions to him, included wearing the necessary protective gear. I suppose my directions should have been a little more specific.

Unbeknownst to me, there was trouble brewing.  The basement windows were open to get some air circulating, as the party was going. Ben and his friends decided to shoot people at the party through the open windows with their air soft guns, and run as fast as they could.  Mike and a few friends from the party, hunted them down in the red truck, with a spot light, found them, tackled them, and brought them back home for their punishment.  When they arrived home, they decided to duct tape them together.  It wasn't until they were looking for duct tape that I began inquiring as to what was going on.  Where was I?  Right in the den, by the front door.  How could I miss all the commotion? My kids hate to tattle on each other, so they just take care of things themselves.  I wish they were a little more informative.

After my intervention with the duct tape, Ben's air soft gun got confiscated.

It's getting a little crazy around here!

Tucker's Party
Ben ready for air soft wars.
Liz and friends.

0 comments: