Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Girls or Boys?

One of the perks of extracurricular activities, is that you get to spend time in the car with your kids.  To avoid listening to me sing along to the radio, or other annoying habits I may have; on occasion, we engage in some very entertaining conversation.

Having the full attention of both Ben, and Lizzy the other night while picking them up from various activities, I proceeded to talk to them about our changing family.  "Within a couples months it be just the three of us at home,"I stated.  This comment got Ben's mind churning.  "Do you wish you had all girls' or all boys'?" he questioned.  "I am glad I have both," I declared.  "Well, I know that if you had to pick, you would have all boys, cause you like boys best," he stated. Before I had time to comment he explained, "You are not a 'girly, girl, mom'.  You love to watch sports, and especially love to watch me, he continued.  "I do love sports, Ben, but I also love watching Lizzy dance, and tumble too.  I think I'm a girly, girl, mom.  I like to wear femine clothing and jewelry, and paint my nails," I rebutted. "Well, that doesn't count as being a 'girly, girl'.  You love sports more than dance, and you like to watch me the most," he refuted.

Someone has a little confidence.