Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Kate's Mission Call

Kate's mission call came while we were vacationing in sunny California.  We were expecting it on Wednesday, but it didn't come until Thursday.  We have been on pins and needles, wondering where and when she might go.  Not wanting to cancel our vacation plans, or open it without us, we made Kate wait to open it until we returned on Sunday.

It was in the back of my mind the entire time, but it wasn't until we were leaving for the airport to return home that it became reality.  It became quite a distraction for me, and my mind seemed to be in another place.  As we were leaving the hotel I walked in the men's restroom, couldn't find the rental car key that was in my hand, and thought I lost my sunglasses which were attached to my shirt.  Yes, I think my mind was on something else.

We returned home 1 hour before the party was scheduled for Kate to open her call.  Thanks to my sweet girl's, everything was ready.  They had each made desserts, and picked up Kate's favorite bakery treat - eclairs.

Kate couldn't have been more surprised when she opened her call.  No one knew where Vanuatu was.  Everyone started googling, to find out where she was going.  It is a little island close to Fiji.  She will be speaking English, although French and Balsamic are the most predominate languages there.  She leaves July 3rd, and is very excited for her adventure.

Each person visiting, got to predict where Kate was going.  NO ONE, chose Vanuatu, Port Vila Mission.  Grandpa Brown and I had guessed Australia, which was the closet.

What an amazing girl Kate is!  I am so proud of her and her decision to serve the people of Port Vila! Love this girl!

Kate and I in great anticipation.
Yummy treats!

Non edited video!  Wish I knew how to edit.

Surprise!
Kate's mission.
Guessing.
Friends and family.
Before, and after.
The Cottle's and Kate.
The Hansen's and Kate.

4 comments:

Jodi said...

I'm so excited for this girl! She is going to be awesome! Love you Kate!!

Bexie Funk said...

awesome! I"m so excited for you Kate!

Ashley Erin said...

So fantastic!!

Emily Hamilton said...

What a cool experience she is going to have! Kate will be awesome!