Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Eve With The Wagstaff's

My brother and his wife host the Christmas Eve Party for my family every year.  It is very kind of them to do, since we attend two family parties in one night and would be unable to host.  We begin with delicious appetizers.  I always bring my HOMEMADE wings.  My extended family accuses me of picking them up at Wingers, but I really make them myself.  I even make the magical, yummy sauce that they bask in.

Dinner is served right after.  It consists of turkey, ham, salads, and funeral potatoes.  I always get assigned a salad.  This year I tried a new salad festive pomegranate salad.  It was delightful! We have a great time socializing, and catching up on the greatest, and latest.

Presents are exchanged, and everyone receives a photo calendar from my parents.  The calendar is the highlight of the night!  You will find groups of people that gaunt over the new calendar looking to see who will look most ridiculous or embarrassed; and who is most photogenic.  I usually win for the most ridiculous!  Somehow, my mom gets 'great' pictures of me - or maybe I'm just am not photogenic.

Some stay to sled down the mountain gully in my brother's backyard, while others move on to the next party.

The Hosts
Ben's lantern, and gun that shoots elastics.
My Mom
The infamous calendar.
Grandpa and Ben
 Eclairs (thanks Aunt Cindy, me)

0 comments: