Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, January 7, 2013

Christmas 2012

Christmas morning is filled with excitement, wondering what Santa may have left for the nice children on his list.

Everyone seemed overjoyed with their presents.  Ben's Christmas was filled with toys, and video games, Lizzy loved her new I-Phone, and Kate and Mike enjoyed getting their missionary luggage.

In the bottom of each stocking was a key to the house.  When it gets cold the garage key pad doesn't work.  Therefore, you are locked out unless you have a key to the house.  I told the kids that if they were not on Santa's nice list, Santa may not have put a  house key in their stocking.  That was the first thing the kids looked for, especially those who received luggage.  Good thing there wasn't a one-way plane ticket to a remote destination tucked inside their luggage!:)

Steve didn't buy me any gifts this year.  I guess he forgot, or his elf just didn't get around to it.  I wasn't sad  at all about it, I just saved gifts from my friends to open on Christmas.  However, my children absolutely spoiled me!  Kate gave me a chair massage - which I love -, and the rest gave me an I-Pad.  Yes, that's right, an I-Pad!  I was a little excited, since that is what Steve would have bought me if he would have gotten around to it.  How generous and sweet of my children!

Our traditional Christmas brunch was fabulous!   We missed the fabulous Fulk Family.  They have come to brunch for years.  I am sure they were spending time with their own little family. The girl's each made a breakfast casserole, Meg and I made able skivers, and Grandma and Grandpa Brown brought the side pork.  Even our sick little Sarah - dang the flu - made a casserole for Jordan to bring.   Everything was extra yummy or we were overly hungry!

We spent the day, playing with our new Christmas toys/video games.

In the late evening I went to Les Miserables with Sarah and Jordan.  Sarah had starting feeling better, and didn't want to miss out.  Don't worry about her sharing the flu with others, she wore a medical mask (and we even sat by her).  I loved the movie!

Ben said it was the best Christmas ever, I hope it is ever year!  I love that kid!

Waiting for the door to Christmas to open.
Mike with his luggage, toys, video games and hunting scope!
Kate enjoying her luggage and clothes.  She was very happy to receive a key to the house!
Lizzy, I-Phone and clothes.  Somebody loves her I-phone!
Ben, toys, video games, swoop, and a poster of him playing football this year.
Me and my gifts.
Happy momma!
Brunch with our family and Steve's parents.
The married children, sorry you were sick Sarah.  Everyone hoots and hollers about their gifts, it makes giving and receiving more fun.
Mason's first Christmas!  Toys and a highchair from Granny, Nana, Gammy, Grandma- whoever I am.
Les Miserables

0 comments: