Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Waiting

We are impatiently awaiting the arrival of our little man. Technically, he is not due until tomorrow, but we are getting a little restless, especially his mother. She is a great sport, never complaining, but I can tell she is ready for his arrival.

Trio, is a restaurant in Salt Lake that serves a Garlic Chicken pizza that is supposed to start pregnant women into labor. Being a little desperate, we tried it on Saturday without any success. While we were eating, another very pregnant mom-to-be walked in. I asked her if she was there for the “special” pizza,  she was. I guess we are not the only crazies. I asked the waiter about this pizza, and he said that many OBGYN’s send their patient  to Trio, to eat the pizza, to hopefully begin their labor. No such luck with Meg. No labor, no baby.

Today she tried another desperate measure. She jumped on the trampoline for 5 minutes straight. No labor, no baby, poor Meg.

The not-so-great pizza, and my salad (yum).
Baby shower, a quilt, and a blanket crochet around.  I have to keep myself busy.
The last desperate measure, well for today anyway.

3 comments:

bethy said...

Try curb walking - walk with one foot up on a curb and the other down in the street. That sometimes wiggles them out!

Suzie said...

Oh my gosh...I LOVE Trio. Such yummy food! Sorry it didn't help out in the labor/delivery process!

How exciting to think he'll be here any day. Can't wait to hear of his arrival and see pics!!!

Bexie Funk said...

too funny. just tell her not to jump on that trampoline for several months after, i made the mistake of jumping after having a baby about a month before and it was not a good surprise!