Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Handcart Parade

The Bountiful Handcart Parade was held on Friday, July 20th. The parade was scaled down from over 135 entries last year to only 85 this year. It was the perfect parade, not to long, and not too short.  The "fatigue factor," as Bob Rose stated, didn't set in due to fewer parade contributors, and higher quality of entries.

The weather was ideal: Warm, mid 80’s with a slight cloud coverage. It made sitting amongst the many viewers bearable. I have never seen so many in attendance at the Bountiful Parade. The grand finale- The 2000 Stripling Warriors- must have been a draw to the parade. I must say, it was for me too.

The Mueller Park fireworks was a great way to windup the evening.  The skies were eliminated with colorful designs, that were launched into the air by the professionals.  A fun way to cool down, and enjoy the final festivities.

Photo by:  Russ Biehn
Teared me up!
My cute little parade goers!
My favorite floats!
Mueller Park Fireworks!

1 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

This post makes me homesick. It's weird to think yesterday was just a regular work day for us. Looks like you had such a great time. The Bountiful Parade is always a really good one!