Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Today Kate is hiking to Elephant Rock with a couple of her high school friends. She wanted me to remember what she was wearing in case she got lost and I had to call in Search and Rescue. I told her I would take a picture to remember. Really, I was taking a picture to mock her overachieving nature for emergency preparedness.

Note the 25 pound (or around there) backpack filled with provisions, emergency essentials, and first aid needs. You won't find me carting around a backpack of that magnitude. The hike is one frequented by many, and isn't too far or too strenuous. I may bring water and possibly a granola bar, but that is about all.

Hopefully, Search and Rescue won't be needed today. However, just in case they are, no worries, Kate is prepared!


1 comments:

Laura said...

She will be a good mom. I tend to never be prepared. We went on a hike that I was unsure of how long it would be. I packed a few peanut butter crackers and one bottle of water. 5 miles and several hours later when we got back to the car my kids were famished. I was worse because of course as the mother I let everyone else eat the crackers and drink my water. But what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger. Right?