Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, May 14, 2012

Mothers Day 2012

Mothers Day was such a lovely day. It began with breakfast in bed from Ben. He made me toast, a perfect breakfast for me. He was so excited to give me the gift that he made, I opened it this morning. It was priceless. A beautiful jewelry box labeled Mom.

Church is always uplifting. All my children came, and I couldn’t have been happier. The closing song in church was" Love at Home".  Kate turned to me and said, “This is your favorite song mom.” I think she said that because, when we kneel in family prayer, I always pray that we will have love and harmony in our home. That is so important to me. There is a verse in the song that states, “Kindly heaven smiles on high, when there’s love at home.” I can just imagine Steve smiling down from heaven upon us when there is peace and love in our home.

Sarah and Jordan gave me the book Forget Me Not, written by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. It had a tender note in it, and two pages which she earmarked especially for me. Meg, Quinn, and Lizzy gave me much needed steak knives and a sweet note.

The kids made me a fabulous dinner. Pomegranate Chicken, grilled vegetables, parmesan potatoes (recipe from Si's blog).  For dessert Lizzy made chocolate bowls (idea from pinterest), with brownies on the bottom, and ice cream on top. Wow, I am so blessed to have fabulous kids! Love them!



1 comments:

linda said...

Cindy-glad your family made you dinner and that you had a happy day! Thanks so much for taking time out of your Mother's Day Weekend to prepare the wonderful lesson you gave to the Laurels...