Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Friday, April 20, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Monday, Ben’s school teacher e-mailed me a LIST of library books that he has not returned.  Stunned, and annoyed, I began searching the house for these books.  My house isn’t really messy, but many drawers, closets, and lockers, need to be organized and cleaned. 


I have been procrastinating Spring Cleaning.  I love opening drawers and closets and admiring them when they are clean and organized, but doing the actual work, not-so-much.
Searching for Ben’s library books forced me into starting my Spring Cleaning.  It is certainly an overwhelming project, but taken in bits and pieces (baby steps I call it), it’s not-so-bad.
Day one I found 2 library books; day 2, two more books; and day 3, I found library books not returned by my older children to the elementary and junior high school.
I e-mailed Ben’s teacher informing her that she prompted a Spring Cleaning frenzy.  When I peeked my head in the classroom with another arm full of books, his teacher smiled, and said to Ben, “Your mom must still be “Spring Cleaning.”

0 comments: