Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, April 23, 2012

The Return of the Boat

Friday, Mike and I got the boat out of storage. I feel a little - manly - when I pick up the boat. I have NEVER seen a woman fulfilling that responsibility. I suppose there are many “manly” duties that I now own.

A gentleman picking up his boat at the same time asked for my assistance. Wow - I must have looked like I really knew what I was doing. Hopefully, I won’t be growing facial hair any time soon:).

We forgot the plugs for the boat brake lights, and signals. Mike insisted we go home and get them, but I refused. “I’ll drive REALLY slow and stay in the outer lane,” I insisted. He washed his hands of anything bad that could occur while I was driving home.

 We made it!  If you saw a young (well maybe not-so-young) woman, towing a boat with a red truck, with no brake lights or signal lights, well I may or may not know something about that.


0 comments: