Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Boot

Crutches for one more week, was the verdict at the doctor’s office today. Yay! Every time I hear Mike hop down the stairs, faster than I run them, I hold my breath waiting to hear a crash and a tumble. After falling down the stairs at Bountiful High with his crutches, and having to ice his other ankle for the day, I am more than ready to get rid of these pesty aids.

The bandages, splint, and stitches were removed, revealing the surgical wound left on Mike’s ankle. You know you are a seasoned mom, when you find disgusting wounds "cool". In my earlier parenting year’s I would have to put my head between my knees to avoid passing out at the sight of blood. My, things have changed a bit.

Mike is now wearing a boot that extends almost to the knee. One week without weight on his ankle and then he can start trying to walk on his ankle with the boot. After, he wears the boot for 4 weeks, he begins physical therapy.

He is well on his way to recovery! Yay!

1 comments:

Sarah Hansen said...

GROSS!! That picture makes me sick! Why no pictures of my scar? ;) hahaha