Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Screaming Halloween!

On Halloween, the early evening news reported that the top two candy bars preferred by children on Halloween were Kit Kats, and Snickers. Since, those are the candy bars I had to offer the scary little goblins; I thought I would have LOTS of trick-or-treaters. Not so. Unfortunately, we only had about 40. I even offered regular sized candy bars, not your small “fun size”. Do I need to up-size to king size; advertise my purchases on my lawn, or is trick-or-treating becoming a thing of the past? Not sure, but I sure missed those cute little costumed children.

We had our traditional Halloween dinner of chili, chicken noodle soup, and scones. The older kids weren’t that impressed when I turned off the lights, illuminated the candles on my Halloween chandeliers, and lit the candles in the spiders. They preferred to eat with lights on.

Lizzy dressed as a banana, and Ben as Scream. Seventh, and third grade; I think our trick-or-treating days are numbered.

Due to the lack of trick-or-treaters, the older girls and I went downstairs to watch a scary movie. Jordan volunteered to answer the door. His willingness to be of assistance might have something to do with the football game on upstairs.

The girls' and I watched, “When a Stranger Calls”. Jordan was summoned to the basement, when the screams became too intense, and the fear was overwhelming. I'm not sure I'm going to be watching another scary movie any time soon!
Lizzy as a banana; the three girls caught stealing candy; Ben as Scream; Ben, Thomas & Mitch.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I thought trick or treating was dying also - my parents hardly have any. It must just be the neighborhood - because ours was just like the movies - hundreds of kids running up and down and across streets. It was so fun. Jason handed out the candy and said we got around 300 - 400 kids. It is nice living in a place with young kids - thats how it was when i was growing up.

Bexie Funk said...

What full sized candy bars?! I think I'd make the trek to Utah for that! And we got 0 people come by our house so 40 seems like a TON to me!