Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, August 22, 2011

Grief

Grief is tricky, today I am feeling a little overwhelmed with grief. Rivers of tears have been flowing last night and today. My heart is very tender. I have been thinking back to three years ago on the first day of school. There are a lot of difficult memories to process, as everything I do or see seems to spark a memoryof that day.

I continue the first day of school traditions, concealing my sadness. When the last child is out the door, I close the blinds, block out the world, and let my emotions flow. I have been especially sad today. I thought that after three years that my heart would have healed a little more than it has.

Although this is a difficult day for me, my children seem less affected. Maybe they are just trying to be brave, as they see the tears flowing down my face. Whatever the case, I am so glad that they are strong.

Tomorrow will be a better day, it will be my baby boy's birthday!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cindy- I am so sorry I can't even imagine the pain! My heart aches for you! Much love XOXO

linda said...

Dear Cindy, Dale & have been and will be thinking of you this week. You are an amazing woman and we admire and love you and your family...

Anonymous said...

Hugs/Kisses.....We think you pretty amazing and so are those children of yours. Em tells me all the time "Its okay to cry mom, just as long as you don't get that nasty black stuff (mascara) under eyes. Thinking of you guys!

Izzy said...

I love you. You are going to more than make it. You are so amazing. The Lord is on your side and so are a whole lot of people. We are storming Heaven for you.