Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day Of School Pictures 2011

Mike Jr. - Bountiful High
Ben - 3rd Grade Mrs. Strong Valley View
Lizzy 7th Grade Mueller Park Jr. High

To be completely honest, these are not all first day of school pictures. I wanted to keep our tradition in taking a picture of the kids the first day of school, but my boys decided to be punks. Mike came down wearing an old ratty T-shirt and basketball shorts. Basketball shorts are fine, but an old T-shirt? “What?” I exclaimed, “I thought I bought you brand new school clothes to wear.” “This is what I want to wear,” Mike refuted. Ben watched the entire encounter and pulled the same attitude. What is up with boys anyway? Needless to say, no first day of school picture for the boys. These are 1st week of school pictures.

I was happy to get one picture of Ben without wearing sports clothing. Not that there is anything wrong with that, I just want it to be known that Ben owns at least one non-sports shirt. Mike doesn't like my obsession with the camera and gave me one shot, thus his eyes are closed.

Sarah helped me with school shopping for all the kids. They think I am a fuddy-duddy, and Sarah is cool, so her opinion is what matters. Sarah could only find a couple things that she thought Ben would wear. I took him later school clothing shopping with me and the ONLY store he wanted to shop in was Fans. “I am not going to pay $50 for that jersey,” I informed him. “Well, I need school clothes and that is all I like,” he snapped. Needless to say, we left with one $15 Utah shirt. School shopping was not a success for Ben. Fortunately, for his birthday Sarah and Jordan gave him 4 sports jerseys. He loves them, and Jordan knows how to score jerseys for cheap ($5 cheap).

Lizzy was fun to shop for. Sarah, Lizzy, and I had a great time choosing Jr. High School clothes. I can’t believe my cute baby girl is going to Jr. High. Meagan took her shopping for mascara and lip gloss.

Lizzy looked adorable! Sarah came over the first day of school and spent 30 minutes curling Lizzy’s hair. I am so happy my girls have each other.

Not very successful first-day-of school pictures, but they'll have to do.

1 comments:

Emily Hamilton said...

Lizzy's hair looks so cute! She is such a pretty girl. I need to learn how to curl hair that way for my girls. The story about the boys is classic. Gotta love jerseys and shorts.