Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Daily Activities in Cabo

The resort pools offered us a great way to cool down from the heat of the sun. Most of the time I enjoyed the adult pool, relishing in a new book "The Help". It was a fabulous book! I don't get to read recreationally very often, so it was a nice treat. The movie is coming out soon, so I won't ruin it for you.

I did, however, set a small trend at the youngster's pool, when my kids dared me to go down the Willy the Whale slide. They didn't even have to double-dog dare me. An adult man high- fived me when I came up for a breath. After my amusement, many adults followed suit.
Body surfing in the ocean along the glistening white sand was another daily activity. The vendors along the beach were particularly fond of my kids. This might have something to do with the purchases they made.

The girl's had their hair braided. I heard there is a rule that you can't go to Mexico without getting some kind of a braid in your hair.


The evenings consisted of the Puerto Paraiso Shopping Mall, the Flea Markets, strolling along the Marina, and dining in the surrounding restaurants.

Mike over-did-it with his order of nachos. I told him his name wouldn't go on a wall of fame for consuming them all, but he didn't listen.

We decided it would be an adventure to ride the city bus with all the locals. It was quite the experience. Drivers in Mexico are crazy! We were in for a ride of our lives each time we got in a taxi or road the local bus.

Fortunately, we never needed the Emergency Room service. If would have had a medical problem, I would have flown out of there before I would enter that Emergency Room.

Everyone needs a little down time.

Overall, I'd say, we had a fabulous vacation!

2 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Y'all look so happy! I'm glad it was a great trip.

Bexie Funk said...

that is the biggest plate of nachos I have ever seen! very impressive. and yes drivers are crazy there! you were very brave to do that!