Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Moving Forward With Faith

A friend of mine recommended that I read this article today. The article is titled, "Widows and Widowers, Moving Forward with Faith." I thought it was a huge coincidence that my new years resolution for this year was to "Move Forward with Faith". This article is specifically for Widows and Widowers, but I think the same principles can be applied for anyone struggling with significant trials in their lives.

The article discusses ways in which we can move forward with our temporal lives when life's burden seem too great to bear. There are several suggestions in this article of how to move forward with faith. All of the suggestions are wonderful, but some in particular have given me hope and encouragement.

It discusses the temple as being a place to find strength and peace. I feel peace, comfort and strength when I attend the temple often. I find it to be a place that I feel particularly close to my husband. What joy and contentment I feel to know that I am sealed to my husband for eternity. One of my greatest blessings is to know of the eternal nature of my family.

It also discussed finding joy in life. It is difficult to feel joy after experiencing a great loss. My greatest joy in life is my children. I enjoy being involved with the things they love, and watching them grow and develop both physically and spiritually. I find pleasure in simple things in life, and in spending time with those I love.

To move forward with faith to me, means that we may not know all the answers to difficult questions in this life, but we believe in the principles of the gospel, and have faith that it will all work out in the end. It is through reading the scriptures, praying, and living the gospel principles that our faith is strengthen.

I am grateful for the "earthly angels" that ease my burdens. I am blessed to be surrounded by amazing people who continue to serve our family and include us in their lives.

6 comments:

Foster Mom said...

I am amazed with your words...you are a wonderful writter and should write a book...or at least publish your blog one day so you can have it as a book for your family rto read... to remember what a strong mommy they had at such a hard time in her life!

Foster Mom said...

I meant a wonderful writer, not writter. I guess you know what I am not!! ha ha

eden said...

Cindy--Thanks for bringing the spirit into my morning. Once again I am inspired!

Cailey & Brady said...

I loved the article as well it definitely gave me courage! sure love you cind you are amazing!

linda said...

Cindy-Thanks for sharing your feelings.
You inspire me!
I love how cheerful your blog "paper" is...

Emily Hamilton said...

I agree with the above posts. You should be a writer! You say things so perfectly. You're inspiring.