Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sweet Dreams

Dreams are, " a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind during sleep." Since Steve has been gone my dreams have not always been positive, many may even be defined as night terrors. I don't always have these terrifying night mares, or night terrors, and I am always grateful to have "sweet dreams". I have a predilection for nice, warm, comforting dreams about Steve. I rarely speak about my dreams, but one in particular this week was heart warming.

I dream that I had moved into a new area, and new house. The house was located on the very top of a beautiful mountain. The skies were sunny, blue, and bright, and the view was spectacular. I felt as if I was sitting on top of the world. Those I loved and cherished lived around me. My house was a new modern abode, but the one thing it was lacking was landscaping. This big beautiful house was surrounded by nothing but dirt.

One day I came home to find my new house completely landscaped. It had stunning shrubs, towering trees, and bright, colorful, flowers. Steve was there planting my favorite flowers, and making our home beautiful. My excitement from the beautiful landscaping dissipated, as I realized Steve was home. I was so overwhelmed with joy and excitement to have him home again.

This dream reminded me of an experience several years ago. Meagan's high school graduation trip consisted of a wonderful trip to New York City with Annie and Mindy Wilson. We had a fabulous time. We enjoyed spending time together and exploring the sites of the City. When Meagan and I returned from our trip, we drove up to our house only to find beautiful flowers planted by Steve. He knew how much I loved flowers, and wanted to surprise me. What a great surprise it was.

I pray for "sweet dreams" when I am sad or lonely. I delight in seeing Steve, and feeling connected with him. The good dreams are always calm, peaceful, and filled with joy. It's hard to face reality when I wake up from them. I love "sweet dreams", and hope they continue.

0 comments: