Husband and Father

Husband and Father
July 15, 1958 ~ August 25, 2008

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Katelyn Turns 16!

Katelyn all smiles

The surprise party

Katelyn's favorite cake .

Family party

Katelyn turned 16 on Sunday, March 29th. On Saturday we went to the Young Women General Meeting at our Stake Center. Katelyn was frustrated that she couldn't celebrate her birthday with her friends,. They were all were going to the meeting or had other activities (or so they said) . Little did she know her friend's and I had planned a surprise party for her. After the meeting, a friend took her on an errand while the others came over and decorated the basement for her. She was so surprised! I couldn't believe I actually pulled it off.
On Sunday, we had a family party for her. I made her favorite dinner, sweet and sour chicken, and favorite cake, Jazz cake. We had family and friends over. Jodi and Jon made her a fabulous DVD of her life. It made me cry to see my little baby girl growing up so fast.

1 comments:

MOM THE BOMB said...

Wow! Happy Birthday Katelyn!! Watch out, boys, she's legal!